2021 TAX AND ESTATE PLANNING UPDATE
JUNE 17TH | 5:30PM | UNIVERSITY CLUB
2021 Tax and Estate Planning Update
Create a roadmap for success in 2021 as we navigate the impact of potential tax legislation changes.
Join us as we kick off The Benchmark Speaker Series with an evening full of insights. Enjoy appetizers and beverages before settling in for a timely and informative discussion with our featured speaker, Jason Cain.
Executive Managing Director & Chief Wealth Strategist at Boston Private
Jason is responsible for developing and delivering comprehensive, advice-based solutions for ultra-high-net-worth clients, family offices and their professional advisors. Mr. Cain has spent more than 25 years advising families on the many aspects of designing and operating family offices including strategy, administration, multi-generational wealth transfer planning, family governance and legacy planning. Mr. Cain received his Bachelor’s degree from Illinois State University, his Juris Doctorate from Widener University, and a Master of Laws in taxation from DePaul University.
Topics to be Discussed
- Current tax policy landscape as well as potential changes in 2021
- Potential limitation on lifetime gifts
- Planning for income tax hikes/increases at the State and Federal levels
- The impact on capital gains and potential strategies to harvest gain
- Loss of the step up in basis and proposed changes in the lifetime exemption
- The broad impact on high-net-worth individuals and families
- Evaluation of top policy trends as well as barriers to passing new legislation within a divided Congress
Date: Thursday, June 17th 2021
Address: University Club of Cincinnati 401 E 4th Street Cincinnati, OH 45202
Parking: Complimentary parking is available in the Guilford School Lot, after 5:00 pm, on 4th Street just before you reach the Club heading West. Overflow parking is provided in the Western and Southern garage for an additional charge.
Dress: Business Casual
COVID-19 Precautions: This event will adhere to current public health guidelines regarding COVID-19. Please review guidelines here.